7:25am: Good morning. Temperatures are in the upper 50s around the Ferndale area with smoke and haze along with a breeze from the south. Air quality in the area is reported in the MODERATE range.
When air quality is in the MODERATE range, people with asthma, respiratory infection, diabetes, lung or heart disease, or have had a stroke are advised to limit outdoor activities or do activities that take less effort, such as walking instead of running.
* The Washington State Department of Ecology has extended an air quality alert for western Washington through noon Friday.
* Ferndale Road is closed to through traffic between Cherry Street and Ulrich Road.
* Expect slow downs due to road work on LaBounty Drive, between Main Street and W Smith Road
* Portal Way reduced to one lane in varying locations (through 8/30)
* 3rd Avenue is closed between Main Street and Alder Street (through September)
* The Slater Road closure and detour continues (through much of 2017).
Otherwise commute routes in and out of Ferndale are currently open with no visible surprises. Check the real-time DF traffic cams page to view commute time estimates anytime by clicking here.
TODAY’S WEATHER FORECAST
- 3:15 PM PDT on October 18, 2017
- 12:00 PM PDT on October 19, 2017
Cloudy, periods of rain. Lows overnight in the upper 40s.
Showers this evening, becoming a steady rain overnight. Low 49F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.