7:35am: Good morning. Temperatures are in the upper 50s around the Ferndale area under partly cloudy skies with a breeze from the south. Air quality in the area is reported in the GOOD range.
* The Washington State Department of Ecology air quality alert for western Washington expires at noon today.
* Expect slow downs due to road work on LaBounty Drive, between Main Street and W Smith Road
* Portal Way reduced to one lane in varying locations (through 8/30)
* 3rd Avenue is closed between Main Street and Alder Street (through September)
* The Slater Road closure and detour continues (through much of 2017).
Otherwise commute routes in and out of Ferndale are currently open with no visible surprises. Check the real-time DF traffic cams page to view commute time estimates anytime by clicking here.
TODAY’S WEATHER FORECAST
- 3:15 PM PDT on October 18, 2017
- 12:00 PM PDT on October 19, 2017
Cloudy, periods of rain. Lows overnight in the upper 40s.
Showers this evening, becoming a steady rain overnight. Low 49F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.